All Kids Care policies and Procedures
We maintain a clean, well-lit safe environment. Going above and beyond is what we do, when it comes to safety.
Safety is our number one concern
All Kids Care is a secure environment with an open door policy. All staff must pass a level 2 background screening, a health check and a clinical competency evaluation. In addition, all nursing staff must meet requirements for years of service caring for medically fragile children. Mandatory clinical education and safety drills are just a few of the strict safety standards we uphold. The center is not open to the general public. A state issued photo ID is required for all who enter our facility.
We have a strict infection control policy in place to decrease your child’s risk of illness. We also maintain a clean, well-lit safe environment. Going above and beyond is what we do, when it comes to safety.
Hours of Operations
All Kids Care can provide up to 12 hours per day of supervised care for your child Monday through Friday. Allowing parents and Guardians to work, attend school, or take care of other responsibilities.
- Children may not exceed 12 hours of service in a 24-hour period.
- Full day and hourly services are available.
- Our Center will be closed in the event of severe weather that closes public schools, and on certain holidays.
- Our operational hours are: 6am – 6pm Monday through Friday.
- All children must be dropped off no earlier than 6am Monday through Friday.
- Children must be picked up no later than 6pm Monday through Friday.
Infection Control Policy
Our infection control policy is designed to limit everyone’s exposure to illness.
- Clinical staff will assess each child for signs and symptoms of illness on a routine and as needed basis.
- All children who are suspected of having an illness will be placed into supervised isolation immediately upon the assessment of the following:
- Fever of 100.5
- Rash outside of diaper area.
- Suspect trach drainage.
- Suspect drainage from eyes or nose.
- Suspect diarrhea.
- Cough with associated fever.
- Vomiting not related to normal infant regurgitation.
- Children who require Isolation will be kept in isolation until a parent or guardian signs them out of the center.
- Parents / Guardians must make arrangements to pick up their child within 2 hours.
- Parents / Guardians must provide contact information for a second caregiver who is able to pick their child up in the event of illness prior to admission.
- Children who are diagnosed with an illness may return to the PPEC with a note from a licensed physician that states their illness is resolved and or they are under treatment and do not pose a risk of infection to other children.
- Children who present with head lice may not return to the PPEC until they are free of nits and have undergone 2 rounds of treatment 1 week apart.
- Children diagnosed with scabies may not return to the center until they are treated and rash free.
- This overview is not inclusive of all circumstances or illness. Clinical staff will determine the need for isolation and physician follow up based on your individual child’s baseline and any new symptoms that could be an indication of illness.
- All Kids Care requires that children be immunized according to the Centers for Disease Control Immunization Schedule. Children under 18 months old, who are on a modified immunization schedule may be admitted under the order of a licensed physician, as long as they do not pose a health risk to other children.
In the event your child has a medical emergency we will call 911 and an ambulance will transport your child to the appropriate medical facility. A staff member will stay with your child during transportation and at the hospital until your arrival.
- You will be notified as soon as possible after our call to 911. Parents are required to keep their contact information updated at all times.
- You are required to provide contact information for a second person who can be notified in case of emergencies. This person must be able to provide timely safe transportation of your child home from the center in the case of illness, and must be able to go to the hospital to be with your child in your absence during an emergency.
- A copy of your child’s medical profile and list of medications will be provided to emergency medical personnel or the receiving hospital.
- All Kids Care will honor all end of life – “Do Not Resuscitate” orders for children admitted to our facilities.
- In the event of an emergency that causes us to close the center all staff and children will be evacuated to a safe location on site or if indicated, to a safe location by emergency response personnel off site. Parents and Guardians will be notified of the evacuation as soon as possible and will be required to pick up their child from the designated safe location.
- Any accidents that result in minor injuries will be treated at the center with standard first aid measures. A call will be made to the parent or guardian informing them of such injury. Examples of minor injuries include:
- Minor Scrapes, scratches
- Minor Bruise
- Bite from another child
- Minor insect bite / sting
- Minor lacerations
All Kids Care is required by law to report any and all incidents of suspected abuse and or neglect to appropriate authorities. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Neglect / Abandonment
- Unsafe living conditions
- Domestic Violence
- Substance Abuse
- Child endangerment.
- You have the right to report any suspect abuse, neglect or fraud to proper authorities.